Tuesday, November 1, 2011

How the hell do I make Jell-O Popcorn Balls?

Image courtesy of redcouchrecipes.blogspot.com. Check 'em out!

                                
This was the question I was asking yesterday. I can make ravioli from the ground up, but sometimes I’m unaware of how to make some of the simplest $#!+. It wasn’t until last year that I made Rice Krispie Treats for the first time.

My mom was craving Jell-O Popcorn Balls and being the good kid I am, I got all of the stuff and began making some. They are actually very easy. Here’s the recipe:

1   3oz package Jell-O (any flavor)
     1   Cup Karo Syrup   
     1   Cup Sugar

Bring to a boil; pour over 6 quarts of plain popcorn. Make into balls.

The best thing to mix the syrup mixture and the popcorn together in is a roasting pan. Nice and shallow so you get all of the popcorn covered. Another tip (from my mom) is to rub some butter on your hands before forming them so your hands don't get crazy sticky.

I put my balls in little sandwich baggies when I was done, but you can decorate them lots of ways. You can even shove a stick up them and turn them into popcorn ball lollipops (like those above). How about these ones sporting witch costumes that I found from Martha Stewart? 

                                       

You can also add other stuff to these such as candy corn, etc. Ohhh...how good would M&Ms be in there?!

This is actually a Girl Scout recipe that has been around for years. If it’s a Girl Scout recipe, it has to be trusted, right?! I was in Girl Scouts for about 12 years; I practically have my freakin’ Ph. D. in it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment